Fire and Security Service Technician
Brothers Fire & Security is the Midwest’s leading experienced Fire and Security Integration company. We design, build, install, inspect and service fire sprinkler, fire alarm, security, safety and suppression systems. Our full complement of services includes fire alarm, fire suppression, fire extinguishing system, fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm monitoring, system inspection, cameras, card access, mass notification, structured cabling infrastructures and more! We are a very diverse company and have been focused on our customers, employee development and growth.
We are looking for an experienced and friendly Service Technician to provide great customer service and troubleshoot and resolve a variety of issues onsite. You will be responsible for working directly with the customer to diagnose and repair a variety of fire alarm and security systems.
To ensure success, this person will need to be able to work efficiently and independently, think critically, and problem solve while providing great customer service.
- Travel to customer locations to service fire alarm and security systems as scheduled
- Effectively communicate directly with customers to assess the situation
- Perform all on-site activities related to installation, repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Diagnose problems and take steps to repair as needed
- Fill out detailed reports and keep records on services performed
- Explain the issues and repairs to customers as well as any follow-up required
- 5+ Years of fire alarm service experience required; must have experience working with manufacturers such as Siemens, Simplex, Notifier, DMP, EST (Edwards), and more
- Experience with access control and security manufacturers strongly preferred (e.g., Lenel S2, Keri, ICT, DMP, DSC, Ademco, and more)
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must be a member of Union 292 or 110, or join at time of hire
- Excellent knowledge of fire alarm and security systems
- Ability to install, repair, service, test, and troubleshoot equipment
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organization and time management skills